I skipped ALL of my subscription boxes last month (I know right?!). I’ve been trying to really focus on things I “need”, and while super fun, I don’t necessarily NEED anymore samples. Like, any. I had to purchase special drawers just to keep them organized…
But when the Target October Beauty Box launched, there were some items in it that I was pretty pumped about, so I decided to go for it! If you are not familiar with the Target beauty box, it is not a subscription based service. The product goes live ~ the first Monday of every month, and is usually $7. It will likely have a $3 coupon in it too- so it’s worth it even if you just like one thing in it!
**These boxes sell out fast, and once they are sold out they are GONE.
There were some things in this box that I have been wanting to try, so I am pretty excited about the assortment:
- Laneige BB Cushion 3-pack of samples, full size retails for $34. This is one of the items I am super excited to try out! I am so swept away by the Korean beauty world. I have not, however, given this one a try yet.
I received a pretty generous sampling of three different shades, and the cutest lil puff to apply with.
- EDEN BodyWorks Peppermint Tea Tree Shampoo & Conditioner, 2oz each. ($7.79 ea) This stuff felt SO AMAZINg on my scalp. So cooling and invigorating. However- my hair was incredibly oily and heavy after. Maybe I’ll try using the shampoo as a first wash to deep cleanse- because it feels SO good.
- ChapStick® Total Hydration 3 in 1 Tinted Lip Balm in Merlot, Full Size! ($4.99). I need color on my lips, and really do prefer a tinted hydrator like this. However, the particular color is a little TOO wine like- makes me look like Pyat Pree of Game of Thrones.
- Wet n Wild® ProLine® Graphic Marker Eyeliner – Black, Full Size! ($3.99) This liner is…intense. The tip is very much like a marker, allowing you to make both thin and thick lines. From what I can tell, it wears very well, lasts a long time on the lid (and I have hooded, oily lids), and does not bleed. But the tip is so intimidating that it might take some time to get the hang of it.Here are swatches of the liner and the chapstick:
Now, dats a black liner.
- Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer – Coconut Oil, 2 oz sample, full size retails for $6.19. I’ve tried the Nivea In Shower Body Lotion (it’s aight) and thought this would be similar. But this stuff…I don’t know. It’s just so runny, and that mixed with the fact that you are putting it on wet skin- I just don’t feel like it is moisturizing me. While I prefer lightweight on my face, I loooove a heavy and rich lotion for the body.
- Derma E Hydrating Day Crème with Hyaluronic Acid, .5oz sample, full size retails for $20.99. I am always leery of “day creams”, and especially those that boast “hydrating”. But I LOVE this cream! Er… crème. I find it a little misleading that it labels itself hydrating, and with addition of HA, it will provide some hydration benefits. But I noticed an immediate AND longterm MATTE effect from this product. Like- I would not consider this a product suitable for dry skin. I was not oily or greasy throughout the say, and I stinkin love it. Speaking of stinkin- it’s not my favorite scent. I can’t describe it, but it definitely lingers for a little while.
Overall this box was a pretty good deal, and has some great discoveries in it! I am thinking about adding a subscription back to my rotation- what is your favorite subscription box??